About the Post

Author Information

Spotlight Finale Voting

About these ads

7 Comments on “Spotlight Finale Voting”

1. Love The Spotlight April 8, 2014 at 11:01 pm #

Great show! Lot’s of good talent but Sara Jo Hampton hit a home run tonight. Not only is she an excellent country singer but I think she could pretty much sing anything she wants and she proved it tonight. She SMOKED IT!

2. Music Lover April 9, 2014 at 12:06 am #

WOW!! I don’t know what I expected when I heard Sara Jo Hampton was singing “wrecking ball” but I didn’t expect it to be the performance of the night! She not only sang the best version of the song that I’ve heard but she nailed it!!

3. Linda Fryman April 9, 2014 at 7:12 am #

Good luck Brandy!!!

4. Love The Spotlight April 11, 2014 at 8:51 am #

Why can’t I vote? It says there will be a temporary cooling off period. Why do I need to “cool off” from something I haven’t done yet? It won’t let me vote AT ALL!

5. Just sayin' April 22, 2014 at 11:13 pm #

It has been mentioned at every Spotlight show that people were allowed “unlimited online voting”. That must only be true for some because I did not have that opportunity. My voting was blocked most of the time and twice I was accused of “suspicious voting activity” after casting only three votes. It makes me wonder about the voting process and just how fair it really was. What a rip off!

• lisabartram April 26, 2014 at 3:42 pm #

No one was blocked from voting by the Campus Activity Board, or anyone in charge of the Spotlight Production. We would have been happy to give any of the top 3 a thousand dollar check, as we were huge fans of all three of them. There were issues with the online system that we use to conduct the online voting, issues that we addressed with that website and their administrators. We also shared the information they provided to us on our social media. Implying that it was conducted with a bias towards a particular contestant is unfair to all the performers, and the students that volunteer their time to make sure the show is a success. We apologize that your experience with Spotlight was a negative one, we assure though, the system is not rigged, as our costs are the same no matter who wins.

6. Mat April 23, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

I wonder if Megan Thinks the voting process is flaud now that Brandy won?